Friday, June 6, 2008

Thing # 6 Corner Spot

FD Toys was a paradise. I could see teachers using the Map Maker as an ice breaker from summer vacation. The class could map the location of places visited during the summer break and have a great Social Studies lesson. I had fun mapping out the states that I visited over the years. With these gas prices, I might just take an imaginary trip to other countries using Big Huge Labs Map Maker. Trading Cards was o.k. Perhaps you could put math facts for struggling students with their favorite sport figure etc. The Puzzle Maker was great. I was able to download my summer picture and create a puzzle. I can see it now, my face splattered in 200 pieces. The students would have a blast putting me back together again. Perhaps this could be a great introduction to a Nursery Rhyme-Humpty Dumpty. Pocket Album would be great for elementary graduates, downloading pictures of friends. Publishing Calendars and Magazine Covers was priceless. Every subject could be utilized with these programs.

No comments: