Sunday, June 8, 2008

Thing #11 Corner Spot

Signing up for the Library Thing account was very simple. I wish all Sign In's could be this simple. I had buffering issues with the podcast and the tour was simple and to the point. If I had known I would be cataloging books during the summer, I would have brought some home. Hmmm, Well, I'm so glad I can think of 5 titles. Could one possibly be Cattlemen. After searching the database for Three Little Pigs, I got so many titles other than the Three Little Pigs and I didn't get any hits for Purpose Driven. I then selected Amazon rather than Library Congress and was able to find my titles. I was quite impressed with the reviews and was almost tempted to sign up for the Early Reviewers Program to receive free pre-publication books in exchange for reviews, but I remembered that I still had other review books to finish up. So many books and so little time. Overall, I felt this site would be good for getting reviews. I noticed that the group that had the most members was the Librarians who Library Things. Within this group, I found a group that was just starting their Library Program. One student was taking her courses online and was very nervous. All were excited about their courses and entering the field of Library Science.

1 comment:

Budget said...

It didn't surprise me that the librarians had the biggest group of members. Librarians are notarious book readers.